MYANMAR FOREIGN INVESTMENT LAW
- FORM OF ORGANIZATION
- 100 % foreign-owned (permitted activities by MIC)
- Joint Venture (Any Myanmar Partner or Organization / state owened Enterprises)
Other form of Business Contract which is mutually agreed by both parties
- MINIMUM FOEIGN CAPITAL
- Depends on type of business nature and sector
- If JV,35 % of total capital
- If JV (restricted/prohibited activity),
- Foreign Capital - 50 : 50
- Both in kind
- in cash
- 5 YEARS TAX HOLIDAY
- further tax exemption / relief for an appropriate period in case if it is
- considered beneficial for the State.
- Exemption on relief from customs duty or other internal taxes or both
- on importation of machineries & equipments during construction period.
- Importation of raw materials for production for the first 3 years.
- The Commisssion may also grant ; -
- exemption or relief rom income tax on profit which is reinvested within in year.
- Relief from income tax up to 50 % on the profir from exports.
- right to pay income tax on behalf of the foreign employees andt o deduct the same from the assessable income of the enterprise.
- right to pay income of the foriegn employees at the rate applicable to the citizens of Myanmar.
- right to deduct the research and development expenditure.
- Right to accelerate depreciation
- Right to carry forward and set off losses up to 3 consecutiove years , from the year the loss is sustained.
- Exemption or relief fromcustom duty ot other internal taxes or both on
- machineries , equipments, etc. if the investment amount is increased and the original investment business is expanded during the permitted period.
Exemption or relief from commercial tax on the goods produced for export.
YOU CAN NOW INVEST IN MYANMAR SUCH AS CONSTRUCTION OF HOTELS IN NAY PYI DAW , YANGON, MANDALAY AND NGWE SAUNG BEACH.